Protective Mothers' Alliance International

family court abuse/corruption

Using The Internet Safely, While Advocating For Your Personal Custody Case

with 11 comments

unnamedPMA International always has safety as our leading priority. In light of this, PMA international will not release personal information and/or personal custody information about protective mothers and their children who are in active litigation. PMA International will not sponsor, endorse or support any event or activity that is engaging in the above due to the risk involved.( The only excepts to the above is at the discretion of PMA International’s Co-Founders and/or Executive Director Janice Levinson and Lundy Bancroft). PMA International advises protective mothers to be extremely cautious in revealing any personal custody details along with personal information about themselves and their children on the internet. Doing so, might prove to be very risky to you and your children’s personal safety and the outcome of your case.

Some safety tips for protective mothers to consider before deciding whether or not to reveal case details and personal information on the internet especially if you are in active litigation;

1. Posts on the internet create a historical footprint of you name and your child’s name which is very different if not impossible to remove.

2. Once your post is made public you have no control over who reads and shares your information.

3. Once your children become older they will most likely come across this information and this may affect your relationship.

4. Once older, your children’s peers will most likely come across this information and this may impact their friendships. In addition, this action may create your children being targets for bullies.

5. If you post personal details about your court case your judge and other court officials involved may read it and this might be used against you. Even if you post your information with the best of intentions, this does not mean court officials will see it the way you do.

6. You must be certain not to post your location or any information that could allow your abuser to find you or your children.

7. Do not use locator and map applications on face book and phones.

8. Be aware of pictures posted online that could reveal your location.

9. Caution your friends not to tag you in anything online that might reveal your location.

10. We all know when abusers are exposed the abuse escalates. Be careful about posting online custody information and personal details that could escalate abuse and endanger you and your children.

11. Be cautious and do your research on anyone asking for your personal and custody information. Also be very cautious with whom you decide to entrust your personal and custody information.

PMA International is an advocacy organization and we are not trying to discourage you from advocating for your personal custody case. We support protective mothers advocating for themselves in creative and cautious ways as to not endanger, themselves, their children and risk the outcome of their case.

The PMA International Team

11 Responses

1. Great article about what to take into account when deciding if you should advocate your custody case publicaly. Protective moms need to know that taking your case public *sometimes* works- * sometimes * It does not, It may backfire with grave consequences to mom and child. Often moms just hear about the successes, ( of course everyone is very happy to see success, especially for protective moms in family court.) but most do not hear about many failures of this advocacy approach. This is mainly due to the gag orders involved. Moms have had no contact orders, gag orders, bogus jail time and worse in retaliation for going public. Truth be told, it’s * very* risky for the reasons outline in this well written article Of course the choice is up to the protective mom involved. Having all the facts from all sides empowers and helps the moms make an intelligent well informed decision that is right for her family. Knowledge is power. G.S

Greg Sanders PMA International M.U.M

June 15, 2014 at 5:26 am

• U R right Greg. never no if it will work or not. to risky 4 me. Great blog keep it up!

Laura

June 17, 2014 at 5:16 am

2. I was one of the many mothers who was misguided and put out my case all over hoping to pressure the court to change an order. WROOOOOONGGGGGG!! i got a gag order and time taken away instead.
    TY pma for speaking the truth and caring about the safety of us. Mothers need to know this may not turn out the way u want. they need to hear both sides, about doing this.

T.T

June 17, 2014 at 5:03 am

3. Well it turned out lousy for me! Appreciate the education.Keep going!

M.W

June 17, 2014 at 5:07 am

4. Boy, this happened to me. Is it right courts can do this? Nope. can we change it? Not this way unless ur ok with scraficing yr kid. This way only always works if you have a fleet of others backing u up to pressure. And i mean a F.L.E.E.T, or if u personally know the Pres.

Tina

June 17, 2014 at 5:13 am

5. Thank u PMA Great advice as always!

K.R

June 17, 2014 at 5:19 am

6. Great article. Thank you

Jill

June 17, 2014 at 5:23 am

7. Thank you! I completely agree. I honestly feel the moms that do this are not putting their children first. Some are just looking for attention. I reversed my custody without advertising my case online or using media. I keep it quite and worked legally and creatively behind the scenes. I did not risk retaliation and it worked! I now spend every night with my daughter and I am so grateful she is safe. Thank you PMA for telling the truth and for your safety first and no abuse policy. Keep up the good work.

Alice

June 17, 2014 at 5:40 am

8. Know what happened to me- I joined an online support group for parents fighting corruption. I used a fake name but my real e-mail address. At first everything was fine. I got alot of tips on fighting court without an attorney. And heard alot of stories like mine. But then the group moderator changed and over time people wanted to try new things. And next thing I know people are posting stuff that I am uncomfortable with, some of it was attacks against mothers. So I just stopped posting in the group. The Problem– my real e-mail address was used in the old posts!! And that e-mail was online, easy to find. Which my ex did find, And did connect me to these extremist people. And twisting everything I said in the group to make me look bad. And next thing I am in court, in supervised visitation and things are way harder than before 😦 If you go online NEVER use your real name and NEVER use your primary e-mail address. Becareful who you talk to about your case. Avoid getting too personal in a public forum. I wish I had.

Sad Momma Without Her Baby

June 18, 2014 at 8:21 am

9. Reblogged this on cg444blog's Blog and commented:
    Merci pour votre aide

cg444blog

March 28, 2015 at 9:06 am

10. I understand your pain & heartache! Us mother’s need to keep persevering & stand tall! Our children are worth fighting for & are spoken through our voice only!! NEVER GIVE UP!! NOT NOW! NOT EVER! I have a recusal affidavit on judge of which evidence is proven by my true statements off government. We need not fight the law system but use their own legislation to prove the incompetence of judges, icl & family reporters that are appointed.

J W